Monday, April 16, 2012

No one will see this

People always say, "Let me know if you need anything." I've said that lots of times to other people I knew were going through a hard time. But really, do you call anyone when you're feeling down? Do you say "Hey, I'm feeling down today, can we talk?" No... you don't. You reach out tentatively...you ask "Hey, when do you want to meet for coffee?" The answer is 2 or 3 days away. Not soon enough. Someone says "I'm working late." Others don't even call. Of course, how can they know you need them to?

I think in the future, when someone I know is feeling sad, I won't wait for them he/she to call me when he/she wants to talk. I think I'll call without being asked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I saw it.